Friday, July 07, 2006

Planning.

Someday, I want to have a lot of sex, and I don't want to rely on condoms alone. (Currently I don't have "real" sex. I'm waiting, for various reasons.)

My options are pretty broad, but I'm looking for something "foolproof," like the Pill. I'm worried about the potential side effects though (loss of libido, weight gain, blood clots), so maybe I should look elsewhere...

This site has a whole list of contraceptives, and pros and cons. Right now injections or hormonal implants seem to be the best option besides the Pill (especially Norplant® Implanon, although it's not available in the U.S.). Of course, those also have nasty cons.

What are your thoughts? Feedback would be great.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I just started using Nuvaring and it's great. It's tiny plastic ring you insert, and you can't feel it at all, and you just leave it in for 3 weeks (or if your Dr suggests like mine did, just changing it once a month and skipping periods) and it lets out a bit of hormones, less than pills I believe.

I switched from pills because I was AWFUL about remembering to take them every day. The shot can cause weight gain and irregualar periods for awhile, and my Dr said an IUD is only good for women in monogomaus relationships.

Hope that helped- but as always, ask your Dr!