Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The lure of a vasectomy.

Well, it's alluring to ME anyway. Men don't seem that keen on the whole thing.

I really don't see why.

You don't have to actually slice the vas deferens (in the No Scalpel method). The libido isn't affected, nor the erection. Semen retains the consistency, taste, smell and color it had before, even minus sperm (yes, ejaculation persists! excellent). It is 99% effective as birth control---it eliminates the need for condoms, diaphragms, the Patch, the Pill, the Sponge, et cetera.

So it's not exactly emasculating.

Plus, it takes fifteen minutes and lasts forever---unless you get it reversed. It is cheaper, easier, and safer (almost completely safe) than a tubal ligation (getting tubes tied, for women).

If the procedure is done after having children, why regret it?

I for one don't want to live in fear of getting pregnant when I don't want to--and being trapped in a body that commits mutiny. I don't want to deal with the side effects of contraceptives chock full of latex and spermicide and hormones and jelly until I die.

Besides, I asked a man who knows, and he said: "It's great after you're done having children."

Quite.

[By the way: I would definitely consider a tubal ligation were not the risks, discomfort, and cost significantly higher. Plus, I've already had to deal with all this menstruation crap, and I'll have to go through pregnancy and childbirth, so why should I have to bear the brunt of all this sexually-related madness?]

No comments: